These are the 5 items (besides the obvious wallet and phone) that I really like to have in my purse. When I don’t have one of these things, I always find that I need it!
1) Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rose – My lips do get quite dry, and none of my other tube-packaged lip balms compare to this. The one downside is that you have to dip your fingers into the product, which is one of the reasons why I carry the next product! (The one in the picture is the Creme Brulee scent. It’s not my favorite simply because the texture is a bit thicker in comparison to the Rose one).
2) Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer – I’m a bit of a germaphobe in certain situations (like on public transportation or bathrooms). The B&BW hand sanitizers are the perfect size to slip into my purse, especially since I use the Vaseline Lip Therapy.
3) Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream or Nivea Extended Moisture hand cream – My hands get dry quite easily, so I always needs a hand cream. The Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream is my favorite because it doesn’t leave a gross, oily residue. The Nivea Extended Moisture is also quite good, but has a thicker, more petrolatum-esque feel to it. Also moisturizes quite well without leaving a heavy, greasy feel.
4) Gum – Any minty flavor will suffice, for those emergency breath freshening needs.
5) Face wipes – I use these on longer trips, or on a day when I’ve worn makeup but did something that caused me to sweat. My favorites to throw in my bag are the Cetaphil facial wipes. Knowing how prone I am to breakouts, I just bite the bullet and wipe whatever makeup off that I can. I’ll leave the eye makeup on, but I wipe off the rest of my face makeup.